What information does SSC collect?
SSC maintains a detailed record of the purchases that you have made with our company. Should you shop with SSC either in-store or online, we will store any information that you provide to us that will be relevant to supporting your needs including your personal contact information. SSC will collect personal information that you have voluntarily provided to us. We may also collect personal information from you when you make online purchases including your name, e-mail and postal addresses, phone number(s), encrypted credit card information and product interest information.
Why does SSC collect your personal information?
• To ensure that your personal needs are looked after. Following your in-store purchase, and then, once again, following the sale to ensure that you are satisfied with the products you have purchased. Select in-store customers who choose to additionally shop online will also be contacted subsequent to item delivery to ensure that purchases meet expectations.
• To improve service delivery. By maintaining detailed records of your previous purchases, and by recording lifestyle information about you such as the kind of work you do, your travel habits, etc., we gain a better understanding of your personal preferences and are better able to personalize your shopping experience each and every time you visit or contact one of our stores. Similarly, it allows us to guide potential gift givers in the right direction in terms of your preferences. However, we will not disclose any specific personal information to any third party in this regard without your consent.
• To allow you to make online orders and to answer questions regarding the status of such orders.
• To keep you informed about SSC events and promotional opportunities. Your Sales Associate and/or our corporate e-commerce department may also contact you via telephone, e-mail or regular mail to keep you informed about new and exciting products available in our stores or online, company and store special events, sales and other issues that may be of interest to you.
• During a visit to a SSC store, you may be asked for your personal contact information or other lifestyle information pertinent to your shopping preferences and habits. This information may be keyed into our customer database and is stored with your purchase history information.
The Disclosure of Personal Information
SSC will not sell or disclose to third parties any personal information we collect, except as described herein or as you otherwise consent. In the normal course of business, SSC may disclose some information to our service providers and suppliers, such as home address information to our mailing house or third party systems support specialists who are contracted to keep our systems operational. Each of our service providers and suppliers are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of our customer information and may only use such information for the purposes of performing services on our behalf. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us in the manner set out below.
In addition, when required by law, we must provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid enquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose personal information to assist us in collecting a debt owed by you to SSC.
How SSC Protects your Privacy
SSC is committed to ensuring that your personal information is kept secure. SSC keeps the personal information we collect about you strictly confidential. We use administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration and destruction of the personal information we have about you. Access to your personal information by SSC representatives and associates is strictly limited to a need-to-know basis. SSC associates receive special training regarding privacy protection and are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. All computers on which personal information is stored are password protected.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information (excluding purchase history information) in the manner provided herein or at the time of collection at any time (subject to legal obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by contacting the SSC Privacy Officer at the contact number or e-mail address provided below. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with the communications and services that we currently make available to you.
Verifying and amending your Personal Information
Tel: +1 (647) 8585-685